Jerry Seinfeld Tickets
Who would you have thought that a show about nothing would become a monster hit? Jerry Seinfeld made a name for himself as a stand-up comedian, actor and writer back in the 80s. His laconic humor and dry wit made him a favorite at the comedy clubs. When he decided to create a semi fictional version of himself for television even Jerry had no idea that the show would last for a decade.
• "I was the best man at the wedding. If I'm the best man, why is she marrying him? "
• "It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper."
Jerry along with his cowriter Larry David created a sitcom about four friends going through their daily lives and interacting on various subjects. The humor ranged from subtle to slapstick and everything in between. Seinfeld took his observational humor to the sitcom format and blew the doors off the genre.
• "You know you're getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It's like, See if you can blow this out. "
• "Men want the same thing from their underwear that they want from women: a little bit of support, and a little bit of freedom. "
Jerome Allen was born on April 29, 1954 in Brooklyn, New York City. Young Jerome got his comedic influence from his father a sign maker who seemed to have a natural flair for levity. After graduating from Queens College in New York City Jerry attended an open mic at Catch A Rising Star which launched his career as a comedian. His low-key humor centered on observational comedy. Jerry was able to take the most mundane situations and not only find the humor in it but the absurdity as well.
• "Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash."
Seinfeld worked his way up the comedy circuit and in 1981 made his debut on the Tonight Show. During the 80s Jerry became one of the most famous and popular standup comedians in history. He was known to be one of the dependable new "suit and tie" young comics along with contemporaries such as David Brenner, Gary Shandling and Jay Leno. These guys have the clean cut look and offered family-friendly comedy.
• On Halloween: "You're 7 years old and you're working for candy!"
• On retirement: "My parents moved to Florida last year. They didn't want to, but they're 60, and that's the law."
Jerry Seinfeld focused as comedy on personal relationships, awkward situations in life and general oddities that we can recognize but often overlooked in our daily comings and goings. Comedy Central ranked Jerry as one of the 12 best standup comedians of all time and awarded him the honor of being nominated as one of the 100 Greatest Standups Of All Time.
Content written by +Ben Armstrong
"I had always heard buying tickets on the internet is risky business. Turns out it is actually much safer." -Kristen G.
"After looking at tons of other sites, I bought tickets to the Falcons game. It was a great decision. My tickets got here fast!" -Preston H.